Christ Episcopal Church
Found at the intersection of W. Main Street and 6th Street was built under the direction of Reverend Castleman in 1853 on land donated by Burton Despard. It is the oldest original religious facility in Harrison County and famous for its stained glass windows by Tiffany. (Downtown Historic District)
First United Methodist Church
Located at the N.E. corner of W. Pike and 2nd Street, this Gothic structure was designed by architect Harold Wagoner. It was completed in 1956 and replaced the earlier (1909) structure which burned in 1952.
St. Spyridon Greek Orthodox Church
Located on Factory Street in Summit Park, the first services at this church were held on December 20th, 1920. The interior contains woodcarvings created by the church members. The church serves the Greek Orthodox residents of Clarksburg, Bridgeport, Buckhannon, Elkins, Fairmont, Grafton, Parkersburg and Weston.
First Presbyterian Church
This church was built in 1894 during the pastorate of Rev. S.B. Beardman and is located at the intersection of W. Main Street and 2nd Street. It is the second Presbyterian Church to be built on this site, the first standing from 1832-1838.
Clarksburg Baptist Church
Organized in 1848, the present building was completed in 1896 at a cost of $6,000 on land purchased from Colonel Alexander C. Moore. The church is situated at the corner of W. Pike and 6th Street.
Central Christian Church
Found at the corner of W. Pike and Chestnut Street, it was erected and dedicated in 1907.
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church
The present structure of Romanesque architecture at the intersection of E. Pike Street and Maple Avenue. The church was dedicated on October 19, 1925. The first Catholic Church in Clarksburg was built in 1865 at the junction of E. Pike Street and Sandy Boulevard.
Greater Clarksburg Convention & Visitors Bureau
215 South Third Street, Ste. 101
Clarksburg WV. 26301
For information on Greater Clarksburg and surrounding areas please fill in the form below